King Edward VI Handsworth Wood Girls’ Academy is committed to providing high quality continuous professional development for its entire staff, both teaching and support, in order that our students achieve educational excellence and can fulfil personal potential.
The academy has a weekly two-hour CPD session for all staff on Wednesday afternoons. This provides the flexibility and regularity to deliver high quality CPD in order to meet the needs of the curriculum, the staff and the students.
- To create a learning culture for students, teaching and support staff.
- To create opportunities for all staff to develop their skills, knowledge and expertise.
- To provide opportunities for staff to take on new roles in the academy and to ensure that these are fully supported by effective CPD.
- To create the opportunity for all staff to develop their CPD through reflective practice and ongoing exposure to education research.
- To ensure that good practice is shared both within and outside the academy.
- To give staff access to professional and academic qualifications.
- To provide opportunities for staff to undertake research projects and secondments within the academy and beyond to enhance the learning experiences of our students.
- To ensure ITT, NQT and RQT teachers are provided with high quality support, training and personalised provision.
- Weekly two-hour CPD
- Weekly Top Tips – sharing of practice
- Robust induction programme
- King Edward VI senior and middle leadership programmes
- National Teacher Accreditation (NTA) for NQTs
- King Edward Consortium (KEC) ITT
- Virtual CPD
- Collaborative and joint training days with Trust schools
- Educational research opportunities
- National Online Safety
- Individualised CPD